Posted on | April 14, 2011 | No Comments
Install Ubuntu Desktop 10.10 on fitPC2i
Note: Initially i planned to use 10.04.2, but the fact that the RT2x00 wireless drivers (needed for RT3070 thats inside the fitPC2i) are in kernel from 2.6.33 and up makes it worth using 10.10. imho.
Version with 1.6 GHz/1GB
HD 160 GB SATA 2,5″
- Insert HD
- Insert bootable USB with Ubuntu
- With 2 microUSB on front panel – you have 4 USB total – nice.
- Installs without problem.
- Wireless: module rt2870sta loads automagically, works fine. http://wiki.debian.org/rt2870sta
- Run full update – all good.
Temperature still seems a bit worrying … metal case is just about too hot to touch.